Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Death Certificate

Today I put together a request for Grandpa Walt's death certificate. I don't have enough information to fill out all the lines on the form, but hopefully it's enough. I'm also keeping my fingers crossed that there's no huge backlog at the Division of Vital Records.

I also queried the librarian at the Pittsburgh Post Gazette for any articles on Grandpa Walt's murder. The Gazette searches its clipping files for a fee. May be worth the fee if they come up with some articles, especially as I've heard two different versions of my grandfather's death.

1 comment:

  1. My sister found a lot of info about some of our ancestors that moved to America online - not sure exactly which sites she used. She posted on some forums as well, and that's how we got in touch with some long-lost relatives!! :)
    There's stuff like which ships they sailed to USA on, ship records etc - not sure if any of this would be helpful in your case - it's worth utilizing the free sources as much as possible first!

    ReplyDelete