Saturday, February 6, 2010

No Results

The Post-Gazette charges $120 per hour, $40 minimum, to conduct a search of their clippings! However, their librarian suggested doing an online search in Google News Archives.

I believe the Carnegie librarian searched these archives per my earlier query, but I was hoping that, with more a more accurate death date, I might find at least one obituary on my grandfather. Given the dramatic circumstances of his death, I would have thought it would be fairly easy to find one story.

But, nothing.

I'm not sure where to go next.

2 comments:

  1. I have spent some time searching on a subscription archive site looking for the death certificate and didn't find an exact match. So now I have two conspiracy theories: 1) His name wasn't published due to the circumstances of his death and the fact that there wasn't next of kin to notify 2) The death year is off and maybe he skipped out of town and lived to an old age under an assumed identity

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nothing to add, except that this is a profoundly moving blog. I love that you are keeping his memory alive by writing about your quest.

    Godspeed.

    ReplyDelete